Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How to Make a Last Minute Pie in your Office Kitchen!

So, I'm a great big idiot, and I totally forgot to make a pie for my office potluck. I remembered this morning and resigned myself to the fact that I would have to bring in a store bought pie. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the ease and deliciousness of a Marie Calendar's frozen pie, but I just like to make things! I don't know, maybe I'm an attention whore. Who knows!

Well, as luck would have it, there was NO traffic whatsoever this morning and I pulled off the off ramp for my office forty-five minutes early. Yes, you read that right, forty five minutes. I HAD TIME TO MAKE PIE!

I'm about to share with you one of my biggest secrets. My chocolate cream pie that everyone loves so much, is so easy to make. You could even make it last minute in your office kitchen if you have to.

Here's what you need:

1. Ready made cookie crust.
2. Jello INSTANT pudding. Make 100% sure you get instant pudding or this pie ceases to be last minute.
3. Milk (You can use whatever milk you want, I used almond milk because I try not to use dairy.)
4. Whipped topping [They didn't have dairy free at Ralphs :( ]
5. Mini Chocolate Chips or chocolate shavings.

What to do:

In a big bowl, mix together the Pudding mix and milk according to the package directions. Then pour the pudding into the cookie crust. Next, spread the whipped topping over the pie. It works better if you let the topping thaw a little. (Otherwise its reaaally hard to spread and you get little pudding streaks in it like I did this morning because I was impatient). Lastly, sprinkle some of your mini chocolate chips on top and VIOLA! You have a last minute chocolate cream pie!

Tadah!
Ok sooo is isn't the prettiest pie in the whole world, but it'll do the trick. If you have a teensy bit more time and actually let your cool whip thaw, which I highly recommend, it will look a little better.

Happy Pie Day!
<3 miss emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment