Monday, November 28, 2011

Santa Baby, Hurry Down the Chimney Tonight.

WARNING: This is NOT a tutorial. Its a sew-and-tell.

Sooo a friend recently posted this photo on facebook, inspiration for a holiday outfit for her little one.
I immediately thought of my cousin's little girl. She is so cute and such a little princess. Only problem? This dress is for a toddler and Kaia is less than a year. I must improvise!

I decided I would do a tutu and a red onesie. Easy!

Wrong. I could not find a red onesie. I tried white and it just looked stupid. So I made a onesie. Mind you, sewing and I? We aren't what you would call *best* friends. I couldnt find any directions online, but I did find the average measurements for babies of certain ages. So I followed the 12 month meausrements, thinking a little too big would be better than a little too small.

I also added ribbons for straps because baby+strapless= hot mess.

Here's the final product:

Front

Back

It seems SO small. TOO small. I'm going to give it to them sometime this week. If it doesn't fit, I'll have to make a bigger one and I don't know,give this one way?

I had some ish in the sewing department, the bottom got a little funky.


I had never put snaps on anything before either. It was definitely the easiest part!

Here are the two peices seperated:

It was definitely fun to make, but it is NOT perfect. I just need to try and get to know my sewing machine a little better. Maybe take it on a few more dates, then really show it whose boss.

Let me know what you guys think in the comments and if you have any tips, PLEASE share!

<3 miss emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment