Sunday, November 20, 2011

Saturdays in So Cal!

Saturday is usually my stay-in-and-craft-day, but yesterday I went out and had a fabulous day here in SoCal!

My day started by helping my step mom run her errunds, which of course involved a trip to Starbucks!
Starbucks <3
After Starbucks, I went out to see my boyfriend who works at the local farmer's markets on Saturdays. If you have never been to a farmer's market, I highly recommend it. Its fresh produce and other edibles, but they also have really cute gifts for people as well.

My boyfriend sells fresh fish. He's been doing it for years and he loves it. Here are some photos from the market this time last year (I forgot my camera yesterday).

The selection of fresh fish and shellfish.

Clams.

Fish prices change based on the market prices, so they make new signs weekly.

Fresh mussles.

My boyfriend laughing with a costumer. He's such a great salesman. <3

Then I got a surprise message from one of my sorority sisters that they were getting together in Mission Viejo to see the new Twilight movie. I was so excited to see them and I wanted to see the movie anyway, so I my friend and I carpooled up there. Its about 45 minutes north of my house.

We went to the Kaleidoscope center theater. I always see it from the freeway, but I had never been there.

The mall was all decorated for Christmas and they had a huge decorated Christmas Tree. We asked a rando to take our picture in front of the tree and I didn't realize until later that I blinked :(.
Cute photo, sad blinky Emily haha.
The movie was .... alright. It was everything I thought it would be haha. The best part was getting to see some of my dearest friends I have not seen in a while. We sat and talked for a few hours. My friend Michelle's (to the right of me in the middle) husband was so sweet and made us all dinner. It was delish!

Even though I did *zero* crafting, my Saturday was amazing. I loved it.

I have mad craft plans for today though. Stay posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment