Monday, January 9, 2012

Five Minute Mug Cakes

Hi Friends!


I have moved!! Check out my new site: www.froelichmeanshappy.com !!


See you there!!




So, here I was, typing a blog about my latest craft. Letting you all know about the new version of my "Five minute mug cakes" and how cute they were. I wanted to link you to my original posts about mug cakes from day twelve of holiday bootcamp.

"What post about mug cakes?" you may be asking yourself.

Welp. I was going through my posts and I didn't see it on my public pages. I was so confused. I did some investigating and figured out that I had typed it and saved but not published it.

GENIUS.

So here is a little combo of two crafts all rolled into one.

Five minute mug cakes!


Its the dry ingredients for a five minute microwavable cake in a mug. I'm sure you've seen those cake-in-a-jars before, this is the same idea only in single serving format.

Here's what you need:
1. 4 Tablespoons of flour
2. 4 Tablespoons of Sugar
3. 3 Tablespoons of Chocolate Chips
4. 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa
5. Cellophane bags
6. Cute Mug.

Here we go homes:

Put your cellophane bag inside the mug. Pour in your dry ingredients. Seal up the bag.


Then you need to add the directions to make it. Here is the tag I used for the holiday ones:

Ok. Flash forward like a month.


My cousin is having a baby! Everyone say yay!!

Her baby shower is coming up and my aunt asked me to make some Five Minute Mug Cakes as party favors. I said "Of freaking course!"

The theme of the shower is underwater. Its going to be super cute!

So, I wanted to do blues and water type things.


I bought these cute clear mugs at Walmart that were only $1. They were really plain so to spice it up I  painted waves and and bubbles on there with glass paint pens.

Then, after I filled the cellophane bags with the cake ingredients, I wrapped them in blue glitter tissue paper.

I changed the label to reflect the underwater bubble theme and tied it on with a sparkly blue ribbon.
And this is what I ended up with:




This is a great gift/party favor because you can change it up to fit any theme. I did blues and bubbles for underwater. You could do pink and little cupcakes for a girls party. You could do greens and dinosaurs for boys.

Super easy and super affordable. Each one costs around $2 to make, which is not bad in the party favor realm.

I hope you all have some fun making your own mug cakes.

OH AND! If you just want your own cake, you can totally just put all the ingredients in a mug and microwave it. It is freaking Delish! I always add vanilla. :)


Thats it love bugs! You're all done. Enjoy!

And as always, make it yours!

<3 miss emily

1 comment:

  1. Super cute, Emily. The shower guests will love it!

    ReplyDelete