Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baby Shower Basket

Hi Friends!


I have moved!! Check out my new site: www.froelichmeanshappy.com !!


See you there!!



I feel like everyone I know is either getting married or having babies. Except for me of course, I'm just getting crafty and having messes.

Yesterday was the baby shower for one of my favorite and sweetest cousins, Amanda. Its the same shower I made the cake in a mugs for. Check those out here: http://someday-baby.blogspot.com/2012/01/five-minute-mug-cakes.html

This was the toughest shower to buy/craft for. EVER.

The happy couple have decided to wait to find out whether they are having a boy or a girl. This means everything had to be gender neutral. If you haven't been shopping for baby stuff in a while, let me tell you, pretty much EVERYTHING says boy or girl on it. We had to hunt just to find a generic baby card.

AND since they don't know the baby's gender, they don't have an official name. This is hard for me because I love to put baby's name on everything when I make gift baskets. Soo I settled on putting Baby Markham on there instead.

My basket ended up a little more boyish than I wanted, but its still pretty cute. The theme of the shower was Underwater so I tried to do watery colors and it ended up a little too blue and green.
 Inside the basket is:
Baby body wash and shampoo
Baby powder
Baby wipes
Binkies
Stuffed animals
sippy cup
Temperature Check Rubber Ducky
Bumbo (Which was supposed to be yellow, but the one I got was blue.)
Basket
Blanket
Hooded Towel.
 I made the hooded towel a few weeks ago. It was super cute and super easy. I followed a tutorial  from http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/hooded-baby-bath-towel-pattern.html . It was the easiest tutorial I found and it has step my step pictures, my favorite!

 I also made her a little blanket customized for the baby.
 The front was green with a turtle and "Baby Markham" and the back was brown with blue, green, and white polka dots.


oh my GOD.. I wish you guys could have seen the amazing diaper bag my aunt made for her. I don't have any pictures, but holy crap man. Talk about talent. It looks like something out of a fancy baby boutique on Rodeo Drive or something.

I'm still working on my sewing skills.

Unfortunately, I've become mildly addicted to Pinterest. My list of things I want to make keeps getting longer and longer and longer and my list of things I HAVE made isn't.

Oh well.

Happy Crafting!

<3 miss emily.

4 comments:

  1. so cute! your sorority days are being put to work. I love the cute towel with the face.

    -Bianca at http://theinbetweengirls.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The basket was sooo amazing. You did a fantastic job on it. If you want to see the diaper bag, check my blog: www.sew-sewsimple.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is fantastic, as well as the content!
    Reebok Zig Pro Future Basketball Shoe (Little Kid/Big Kid)

    ReplyDelete