Monday, January 16, 2012

Never Let Someone Spoil Your Sparkle Canvas Art

Sooo as I mentioned in my last post, I've recently become addicted to pinterest. Its like crafting crack.

Its also a legitimately awesome source of inspiration.

While wondering aimlessly through the pins yesterday, I came across this:
Originally From: http://veronikaskandykoateddreams.blogspot.com/
Ugh so effing cute. I also saw one that said Don't Ever Let Anyone Dull your Dazzle. I loved the alliteration here, but I really like the word Sparkle, so I made my own version.

Never let Someone Spoil your Sparkle.

Its basically the same, but with more S's haha. I love all the quotes on pinterest and I'm always wondering how I could incorporate them into real life.

Then I remembered a few weeks back when I went to visit my little sister Ashley in Palm Dessert that we had seen this adorable decorated canvases with sayings on them. We wanted to buy them buuut they were like three HUNDRED freaking dollars. uhm. no.
But! I could make my own!


And now you can too!

Here's what you need:


-Canvas
-Paint and Brushes
-Alphabet Stickers
- Gems, Jewels, Stickers, Decals, etc.
-Hot Glue and Gun

I got almost everything from Michaels. I was kind of disappointed because the butterfly came out of the wrapper and it was already broken :(

Never you fear, I hot glued that sucker back together!

Ok so, paint your canvas and then let it dry. I chose a soft bubble gummy pink.

Next, arrange everything on your canvas so you know where to put it BEFORE gluing it down. That way, if you don't like it, you can still make changes.



Now its time to stick/glue on everything! The letters were self stick, which was a life saver. The gems were not. I had to hot glue these along with the butterfly.



And that's it batman. You're done!




You can do a lot of different things to customize your own. Use your own quote, change up the colors, use polka dot letters instead of glitter ones. Like I always say, make it yours!



<3 miss emily.

P.S. Happy MLK Day! 

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely adorable, Em. Are you hanging that in your room? Selling it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know. I might put it on etsy and see if it sells. I was just inspired and decided to craft.

    ReplyDelete