I try really hard to eat as much vegan as I can as often as I can, but sometimes you just need a break. Also, Jason isn't a vegan. He's not even a vegetarian, but he agreed to a vegetarian pizza and we decided to make a semi home-made veggie pesto pizza.
We made it up as we went along and it was SO yummy.
P.S. I have a not so secret love affair with Fresh and Easy. LOVE them.
Here is what we used:
2. Baby Portabellos (we bought sliced to save time)
3. Fontina Cheese
4. Artichoke hearts
5. Pesto (We were going to make it ourselves buuuut we got lazy)
7. Some EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
SOO Here we go homes:
1. Let you dough sit out on the counter for at least twenty minutes before you start. In the meantime, saute your mushrooms slightly in a pan. The pizza isn't going to be in the oven long enough to completely cook the mushrooms and they're going to be funky if you don't cook them a little first.
There are no pictures for the next few steps because I somehow deleted them. Yea, technology is AWESOME.
Lightly oil your baking sheet. Put your dough on the sheet and get ready to top.
4. Spread your pesto over the dough. Top with cheese and sprinkle mushrooms, artichoke, and onions over the top.
5. Follow the baking directions that came with your dough. Once your pizza is done, let it cool for five-ish minutes before cutting. We also blotted some of the extra oil/ grease off.
Can I just tell you that this pizza was so frickin yummy? Oh My God, I could have eaten the entire thing myself. Also, if you're wondering why the right side seems to have more onions and mushrooms, that is Jason's side. He likes waay more of each topping on pizzas than I do. (My half was totally better btw.)
Its not really store bought but its not really home made from scratch. Its a semi homemade pesto pizza. Super easy, super yummy and fun.
If you're not a vegetarian, you can add some shrimp in place of the mushrooms. I'm positive that would be absolutely delish. Also, if you want to keep it totally vegan, you can swap out the fontina cheese for good soy cheese.
Like I always say, make it yours!
I hope you all have an amazing weekend! I'm off to get ready for a Birthday BBQ for a friend of mine. I get to see some of my sorority sisters I haven't seen in a while and I'm really excited.
See you soon!
<3 miss emily