Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quick and Easy Pesto Pizza

Last night after a llooongg week at work, my boyfriend and I decided to treat ourselves to a pizza.



I try really hard to eat as much vegan as I can as often as I can, but sometimes you just need a break. Also, Jason isn't a vegan. He's not even a vegetarian, but he agreed to a vegetarian pizza and we decided to make a semi home-made veggie pesto pizza.

We made it up as we went along and it was SO yummy.

P.S. I have a not so secret love affair with Fresh and Easy. LOVE them.

Here is what we used:
1. Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
2. Baby Portabellos (we bought sliced to save time)
3. Fontina Cheese
4. Artichoke hearts
5. Pesto (We were going to make it ourselves buuuut we got lazy)
6.Red Onion
7. Some EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

SOO Here we go homes:

1. Let you dough sit out on the counter for at least twenty minutes before you start. In the meantime, saute your mushrooms slightly in a pan. The pizza isn't going to be in the oven long enough to completely cook the mushrooms and they're going to be funky if you don't cook them a little first.
2. Slice up some red onion and grate your cheese.

3. Lightly flour your work surface. Roll out your dough.


There are no pictures for the next few steps because I somehow deleted them. Yea, technology is AWESOME.

Lightly oil your baking sheet. Put your dough on the sheet and get ready to top.

4. Spread your pesto over the dough. Top with cheese and sprinkle mushrooms, artichoke, and onions over the top.

5. Follow the baking directions that came with your dough. Once your pizza is done, let it cool for five-ish minutes before cutting. We also blotted some of the extra oil/ grease off.

Can I just tell you that this pizza was so frickin yummy? Oh My God, I could have eaten the entire thing myself. Also, if you're wondering why the right side seems to have more onions and mushrooms, that is Jason's side. He likes waay more of each topping on pizzas than I do. (My half was totally better btw.)

Its not really store bought but its not really home made from scratch. Its a semi homemade pesto pizza. Super easy, super yummy and fun.

If you're not a vegetarian, you can add some shrimp in place of the mushrooms. I'm positive that would be absolutely delish. Also, if you want to keep it totally vegan, you can swap out the fontina cheese for  good soy cheese.

Like I always say, make it yours!

I hope you all have an amazing weekend! I'm off to get ready for a Birthday BBQ for a friend of mine. I get to see some of my sorority sisters I haven't seen in a while and I'm really excited.

See you soon!
<3 miss emily

2 comments:

  1. I truly wanted to type a brief word to thank you for the precious guides you are sharing at this website. My extensive internet search has at the end of the day been recognized with awesome facts to go over with my friends and classmates. I would admit that most of us visitors actually are rather endowed to exist in a good place with so many special individuals with beneficial strategies. I feel very much grateful to have used the webpage and look forward to really more brilliant minutes reading here. Thanks again for a lot of things.
    Custom Flow VEL28 5th Wheel Custom Tailgate

    ReplyDelete