Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pink Zebra Nails

Hi Friends!


I have moved!! Check out my new site: www.froelichmeanshappy.com !!


See you there!!



If you haven't noticed, I really really like zebra print, like a lot. I have even gone so far as to buy a zebra skin for my old laptop (which I really miss).

I also really like animal print fingernails, but the harsh contrast of black on white can be a little dramatic at times and a tad overwhelming for some.

A few months back, I was wanting to do something fun and funky like zebra, but not so bold. Then I had the idea to do white and pink.

Here's what it looks like:


It still has the funky fun flair of zebra, but toned down a little bit.

Here is how you do it. You need a base color, I used white, and then a stripe color. For the stripe color you're going to want to use a longer, thinner brush than you normally find in nail polish bottles. I used Art Deco nail polish because it comes with a long thin brush inside, but you can always just use a cheap paint brush.


Start by painting your nails with a base coat and then your base color. Let these dry for a good ten minutes.

Next, you paint on your zebra stripes. Once you get good at it, you might be able to totally freehand, free think it, but for now, follow a pattern of zebra stripes to achieve your look.

 You can copy this pattern or just simply google zebra prints until you find one that you like better.

It does not have to be perfect, it should be fun! The more you paint them, the better you'll get.

And that is it! You should have zebratastic nails now!



You can always reverse the colors and do pink with white stripes or change the colors altogether. Do whatever makes you happy.

Make it yours!

I want to see any zebra nail designs you come up with! Leave me a picture in the comments!

<3 miss emily

No comments:

Post a Comment