Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It is a man's world

Ok amigas y amigos, I know this isn't *that* kind of a blog but I love love love The Voice. I have been a huge fan of Christina Aguilera's voice for a looong time, but watching her on The Voice, I'm not so sure I'm a big fan of her anymore.

She's always comparing everything anyone says, does, or sings to herself.

For example, last night Juliet Simms sang "Its a man's world". Christina commented on how she sang the same song at the Grammies. Soooo of course I had to YouTube and compare.


In my opinion, there is doubt, had they battled head to head, Juliet would have won. Check out the two performances below:






Christina gets pitchy and she is so busy trying to sound "hard" and "rock'n'roll" that she loses the melody of the song and becomes really difficult to understand. The last high note at the end is very sour. She could learn a thing or two from Juliet. I was really really impressed with her. She hits all the notes, making the song her own while also staying true to the melody and feel of the original. Juliet gets my votes. LOVE her. Rock and Roll to the bone with a touch of sass and a hint of class.

What do you guys think?

Leave me a comment and let me know!!

<3 miss emily

No comments:

Post a Comment