Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Color Run SD

So if you haven't ever heard of The Color Run, you can check out their website here: http://thecolorrun.com/press/

Basically, you run a 5k and people throw colorful powder at you at each distance mark so when you're finished you look like a rainbow mess of color.

My friend Kelsey actually ran the race up in LA a few months before. When she asked me if I wanted to volunteer at the one in SD I jumped at the chance.

Throw color on running people?

HECK YES!

The event was pretty poorly organized from the volunteer perspective. We weren't given a lot of direction, in fact we weren't given any. There was a LOT of waiting around for things to get started.



Once we finally got situated and the race started it was all worth it.

They give you these bottles filled with colored powder. Its soft and feels like a fine four.

At each k, there is a different color station that throws powder onto you as you run by. We were the pink station, the very first one. It was awesome!
video

On the opposite side of the divider from us was the blue station. I asked this kid to put some blue powder on my shirt. He proceeded to throw a handful of blue at my face. Asshat.


At the end of the race, all the runners get to throw packets of color in the air and it creates a rainbow of color in the air. Its pretty cool.
video

You are also COMPLETELY covered in colorful powder that takes a couple showers to get off.

All in all it was fun, but I think I'd much rather run next time!


Have you done the color run in your town? Share some photos!!

<3 miss emily

don't forget you can follow me on instagram: somedaybaby ! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment