Sunday, December 2, 2012

DIY Personalized Rubik's Cube

Hi Friends!


I have moved!! Check out my new site: www.froelichmeanshappy.com !!


See you there!!



Hi All!

I hope you are all excited for Holiday Boot Camp Day Two!! This craft is something you can give as a gift for Christmas or really any time. Its SUPER customizable. Depending on wether you use Christmas photos or everyday photos, you could have a gift for any time or the most Christmastastic thing in history.

Are you ready for this?!





So cool right? I thought of this a while back and just never did it. Check that off my list. Woot woot!

Ok.

What you need:

  • Cheap Rubik's cube (I got mine at the dollar store!)
  • Photos
  • Scissors
  • Mod Podge
  • Ruler
  • Pencil
What you do:

Pull off all the stickers. Honestly, this is what took me the longest, those suckers were ON THERE. Get the measurements for your cube and stickers so you know how to cut out your photos.

My sticker was 3/4 inx 3/4 in. So then my total image size needed to be 2 1/4 in x 2 1/4 in. 

I suggest making the original size markings on the front with pencil so you can see what will fit in your frame size. Then draw your grid in pencil on the back. :)

Next you're going to use the mod podge to adhere your photo squares to the cube.

Put a little bit of mod podge on your cube square.

After you place your paper piece in place, go over the top with a light coat of mod podge to seal it in place.

Keep going until you've finished your cube.

It looks super funny in this photo because I had just been turning all the sides to see if it worked and didn't put them back in line before taking the photo. Schwoops.
And thats it!



The only real tip I have for you is choose your photos wisely. One of the photos I used looked RIDONK when pieced. My forehead was suddenly epically huge looking.

Other than that its super easy and simple to do.

If you make your own, please post pictures so I can see how yours turns out!!

Also, remember you can always ask me questions by leaving a comment below.

See you all tomorrow!

<3 miss emily.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so making one of these as a wedding shower gift for my friend! This tutorial is awesome! Thanks so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete