Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Boot Camp: Countdown to Christmas

Hi Friends!


I have moved!! Check out my new site: www.froelichmeanshappy.com !!


See you there!!



Howdy!

Welcome back to Holiday Boot Camp!

I hope you all are enjoying these Christmas crafting ideas and you're getting some inspiration!

Today's project is kind of a photo fail, you'll see what I mean. I had someone over and I was trying to do like 15 crafts at the same time and forgot to take photos all along the way. But if anything its an idea for you to run with!

Countdown to Christmas Chalkboard!



Yay! Its so fun! Super easy to make and the kids (or boyfriends) can totally help! Its more Christmas Cheer!


Here's what you need:
And here is where I already started to suck at remembering to take photos. schwooops.



  • Cheap frame from the dollar store- It came with glass but I had already taken it out at this point :/
  • Chalkboard paint
  • Paint paint haha (optional)
  • Ribbon
  • Paint Pen
  • Chalk (optional)
  • Hot glue & glue gun (or another sticky substance)
Here's what you do:

Step one: Remove glass from your frame. Paint your frame with one coat of chalkboard paint.
Let it dry for at least an hour. I repeat: Let it dry for at least an hour before you...

Step Two: ...apply a second coat. If you don't wait yours will get all chunky like mine did because I'm a five year old who gets so excited I can't let stuff dry.

If yours gets chunky because you too have the attention spam of the dog from Up, don't worry. Play a couple games of scrabble and paint a third coat on in a few hours

Look how tough our words are. Geniuses I tell ya, GENIUSES... so anyway...
Step Three: Optional! You can chose to paint the actual frame if you want but you don't have to. I chose to paint mine red. When I was painting the first coat I was made that the black of the frame was showing through and that I'd have to do a second coat. When it dried, it looked kind of shabby chic and I kind of dug it sooo i left it that way. With the more rustic look, my original polka dot ribbon looked stupid so I decided to switch it up. I also forgot to take a before and after of the frame. :/ Craft blog FAIL!

Step Four: Using hot glue, or something else sticky and sturdy, glue your ribbon to the frame.


Step Five: Put your frame back together!

You could technically be done now if you wanted just a Christmasy colored chalk board. But I wanted a countdown to Christmas.

Using a silver or white paint pen (so it also looks like chalk), write ___ days 'til Christmas.



And then my friends, you are done!


I hope you liked this fun and easy Christmas craft!

Please leave me a comment and let me know if you have any questions at all!

See you all tomorrow for some twinkly fun!

<3 miss emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment