Saturday, December 1, 2012

Holiday Boot Camp: Five Minute Cake Ornaments!

Hi Friends!


I have moved!! Check out my new site: www.froelichmeanshappy.com !!


See you there!!



Welcome to HOLIDAY BOOT CAMP 2012!

Grab your ribbons and get your hot glue gun in gear!!

I am SO excited to bring Boot camp this year and have some super fun things to show you/share with you!!

So, without further ado:



So you might remember my tutorial on five minute mug cakes from last year's Holiday Boot Camp. Its basically the same thing only in a much more fun container! Its been reinvented with a super fun presentation!

What you need:


  • 4 Tablespoons of flour
  • 4 Tablespoons of Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons of Chocolate Chips
  • 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa
  • Clear Plastic Ornament
  • Funnel
  • Card stock and Printer
  • Ribbon
  • Scissors or something to cut with

What you do:

So I find it easiest to fill my ornament if I can set it in something that holds it upright so I don't have to try and hold it. I usually use a big tape roll.

 Next set up your funnel into the ornament. You probably could do this without a funnel but it would be SO STINKING DIFFICULT. Why even try.

If you don't have a plastic funnel, you could always roll up a piece of paper to make on.

Next, pour in your flour. It will probably create a little mountain like the one below. Gently shake/tap your ornament to level that out. If you don't all your ingredients will blend together and it will look like one hot mess.


Fill your ornament with the rest of the ingredients. Be sure to gently shake/tap your ornament should you get any more mountains ;).


The order shown above is the order that I usually fill my ornaments: flour, sugar, cocoa, tiny pieces of heaven (chocolate chips). Every other way I've done it, everything mixes up too easy.

Replace your ornament topper/hook/whateveryoucallthatlittlemetalthingyouusetohangit.

Your ornament is technically done at this point. But! You need to include directions. Below is a image of the tag I used. Feel free to save and print it for your own use. :)

 Using your scissors, cut a small hole in the top left corner. Feed your ribbon through to hole and then tie your tag onto your ornament.



Taa-DONE! Super fun, simple, and cute. And (for those of us broke foke) TOTALLY CHEAP! I figure most people probably already have at least flour and sugar, some of cocoa and chocolate chips. All that leaves is the ornament ($.60 at Michael's) and the ribbon (left over from last year but I think it was like $1.25 for a set of three colors).

These make great gifts for coworkers, classmates, friends, you name it!



I hope you enjoyed today's holiday craft! There are so many more cool things in store for you over the next week and a half. Be sure to stay tuned!

Don't forget, you can always leave me some love down in the comment section and let me know what you liked/hated/have more questions about.

Don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow on Instagram @somedaybaby for up to the minute somedaybaby news!

See you all tomorrow!

<3 miss emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment