Monday, December 10, 2012

Holiday Boot Camp: Super Fast No-Sew Santa Hoodie!

So if you're like me, you love hate yours sewing machine. I always have these fantastical ideas like making slippers (like that will EVER happen) and they always turn out sort of... off.

So I decided to make a no-sew detail hoodie!


So what you need is:

A red hoodie and some fur trim
And some of this:

So I saw a hoodie like this at the mall for $35 and i was like shoot I could make that. So I bought a hoodie from ebay for $6. and the trim I had left over and the heat n bond I had left over too but each of them were around $4-5 with tons of extra. So all together it cost around $15 with extras left over and you can customize it however you want which is SO better. ;)



Its so stinking easy I don't even need to explain it. But I will.

On your hoodie lay our your iron-on adhesive where the edges of your trim are.

Lay your trim over the heat n bond and iron it on following the directions on the package. Follow along the zipper and along the hood.

Make sure that you flip it over and iron the back too since the fur is thick stuff!


Once you follow it all the way around the front is done!


The using the freezer paper stencil method shown here: Freezer Paper Stencil Method, I screen printed "Miss Sassy Claus" on the back.


And that's it! The longest part was waiting for the paint to dry. I used a velour jacket so the printing on the back looks a little fuzzy but I like it. I think it looks furry!


If you have any questions, don't forget you can always leave a comment!

See you tomorrow for another installment of bootcamp!

<3 miss emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment