Sunday, January 6, 2013

Buckle Up and Just Keep Going


So, as you all know, I've spent the last four years (two in undergrad, two after graduation) working as receptionist, which, as one might imagine is not actually my dream job. This much is obvious.

The question really was what IS my dream job.

I've always been sort of a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none kind of girl. Decent if not good at most things but not extraordinary at any one of them.

I graduated with a degree in English because I thought I wanted to teach high school. turns out I hate high school aged children, who knew? Discovered it in my last semester of undergrad. Too little too late I was two months from a degree in Single Subject English which lets you do ooohh absolutely nothing.

I figured I'd just keep working as a receptionist while I figured out what the hell I was going to do.

I was just floating along thinking, "Oh, it'll come to me." But, it never did.

Then I turned 25. It was a big deal for me because I had this list of all these things I was going to accomplish by 25 and I had only managed to graduate, nothing more.

Then the two years after my graduation mark hit. Still lost, still empty, still waiting.

As the quote above says, this "gal found herself a little lost."

Then...PIN. Pinterest. It saved me. No... Really...

Call me cheesetastic with a side o' crazy but I love quotes and I think there are always words out there to lead you in the right direction (that's probably what drew me to the decision of becoming an English major in the first place). Pinterest is chalked full of them. These are some of the ones that kept showing up again and again and again that really spoke to me.








To see original links for all of these, check on my pinterest.

So, in the words of the amazing Carrie Bradshaw, I'm buckling up and going. Going back to school.

I am going back to school part time and taking classes in design. I love being creative and I really think this could be a great change for me. My first class starts in two weeks and I couldn't be happier.

I just had to share it with you all!

<3 miss emily

No comments:

Post a Comment