Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Take Me There Tuesday: Prague!

Hi Friends!


I have moved!! Check out my new site: www.froelichmeanshappy.com !!


See you there!!


I've said for a while that I was going to start posting about places I'd really like to visit but up until now I haven't kept my promise. To thwart my lack of promise keeping, I've decided to have Take Me There Tuesdays every other week to feature a place I'd love to go.

First on the list? Prague, Czech Republic.



Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic. The Czech Republic was part of Czechoslovakia until it split in 1993 into Slovakia and the Czech Republic.


One of the things I think is so badass about Prague is that it is one of the few places that wasn't flattened  during the world wars so the buildings are some of the oldest around.



Covering over 110 acres, Prague Castle is one of the most intriguing and breathtaking national monuments. 110 acres. That's over 75 football fields.


Construction was started on the castle in the 9th century. That is old yo!

One of the first places in Prague that made me fall in love was Old Town Square.


Old town hall was built in 1388. Yep, you read that right. See what I mean about ollllllllld stuff?









One of the most beautiful and interesting historical stops is the Prague Astronomical Clock.


 It is the oldest still working astronomical clock IN THE WORLD. Absolutely stunning. And its animated! You can youtube videos of the clock charming.



 Prague is overall an enchanting city I can not wait to visit some day.


 GAH look at that LIBRARY!






Prague in the winter. :)



 Can't you picture me walking down this street in my cute peacoat with a coffee in hand and my camera  in my bag.


Or walking across this bridge in the summer, off to a picnic in old town square.






So what do you think? Do you like these types of posts? Do you feel inspired? I do!! Where do you want to visit next?


See you soon!

<3 miss emily.

1 comment: