Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Take Me There Tuesday: Amalfi Coast!

Hi Friends!


I have moved!! Check out my new site: www.froelichmeanshappy.com !!


See you there!!




Todays post is a someday post. A post about something I'd like to do, someday.
My whole life, I have been in love with the idea of traveling. For years, I have been obsessed with the idea of living in London someday. London has been calling my name for so long now. Whenever I would think of where I would want to go, its always been London. Then Prague invaded my brain, and shortly there after I began having an affair with Italy.

You see, I've recently started developing feelings for a new local. I stumbled upon a photo of the Amalfi Coast, pictured below, and it was love at first site.



This is the photo that started it all. I randomly came across this photo using stumbleupon (which, if you have never tried, you should. It is awesome!)

Its this adorable little cliff-side stretch in Southern Italy. The cliff is so steep in fact that there is only one main roadway to this area by land.


It has mild weather year round which makes site seeing a viable option in all seasons.


This is extremely beneficial as their economy is mainly based on tourism.


The coastline is absolutely breathtaking don't you think?


I just love cities built into cliffs. Its soooooo..... European ;).

The amalfi coast is also known for its Limoncello, a delicious lemony liqueur! Can't you just picture yourself, on a back porch looking out at the ocean, sipping a delish lemony delight?

I think the area is quite charming. You'll notice as time goes on that I LOVE LOVE LOVE architecture of all kinds. I love looking at buildings of all kinds.

 If you are super into pop culture, this place has been named in tons of entertainment forms. Did you know that entourage was shot here once?!

And that concludes today's edition of Take Me There Tuesday: Amalfi Coast!

<3 see you all soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment